Slope soaring is our first love, and we fly in some really stunning scenery, heather moorland with beautiful views over the Dee Valley.
Disabled? Our sites include one of the best possible places to slope soar in the UK. A short walk from the car along nice level ground, and you can be flying. And we will try and make sure there’ll be somebody there to help you launch.
We also have a small flat field for thermal soaring and electric models, when the wind isn't suitable for the slopes.
Where do we fly?
We have permission to fly at a number of sites in North East Wales.
• Overlooking Llangollen in the Dee Valley, for Northerly winds
• A few miles from the Horseshoe Pass, we have several sites covering wind directions from WNW through S to SE
• We have a flat field near Llay suitable for electric thermal soaring, and other quiet electric models,
What do we fly?
• Stunning and carefully built scale models
• Sleek and fast aerobatic models, often glass fibre
• Crash resistant flying wings
The club flies at all possible opportunities – weather permitting, both on the slope and at the flat field depending upon weather conditions. We have slopes available for most wind directions.